TRU Group Inc President & CEO Biography
Edward R. AndersonB.Sc.(Hons)., Dpl (Market Research)., MBA., FCIArb
President & CEO:
TRU Group Inc, North America
For more than fifteen years, Ed Anderson has successfully managed TRU Group assignments involving investment decisions of many hundreds of millions of dollars. He has worked with America's most prestigious and largest corporations on major business issues as well as assisted start-ups to grow exponentially and obtain the financing to do so. He has several years Vice President Operations, and Director level corporate experience in North American middle-market technology-intensive manufacturing multinationals.
He is an proven expert project manager for the most challenging assignments - encompassing top professionals team selection, execution and completion through construction. Some of these projects have involved billion dollar investments and large technical teams.
Vice President, Operations:
NP Photonics Inc, Tucson, AZ, USA
Optoelectronic Devices and special glass
Functionally responsible for manufacturing, engineering, marketing and sales, precision engineering of optoelectronic components, edfa fiber amplifiers, continuous-wave (CW) to high-energy pulsed lasers, fiber lasers, mid-IR supercontinuum laser source, special glasses and fiber. Management Committee + Board Secretary.
Director Corporate Planning and Development:
Timminco Limited, USA & Canada
Specialty Metals, Materials and Chemicals
Worked with the CEO. Managed corporate strategic planning for all manufacturing units, set performance criteria and monitored results. Example operations included magnesium, metal, calcium metal, strontium, alloys, extrusions, silicon, ferrosilicon, chemical adhesives, etc. Responsible for business development and evaluated acquisition prospects.
TAL Investment Counsel - a Subsidiary of Timminco - $10 billion+ investment management firm
Manager Industrial Marketing Research:
Reed North America, Head Office
$600 million manufacturing conglomerate
Ongoing planning in a wide range of manufacturing sectors forest based pulp, paper & wood products, chemicals, plastic & paper packaging, pigments, paints, etc supporting major $600 million acquisition program of the company.
Scientific & Industrial Research:
SA Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
Engineers in Metals Smelting Refining Fabricating
KPMG, Toronto, Canada Big five General Management Consultants
Economist Intelligence Unit Consulting Arm of Economist Newspapers UK
Taught Business at Universities
of Arizona and Toronto
Qualified Arbitrator & Mediator
B.Sc.(Hons)., Dpl (Market Research)., MBA., FCIArb
CV Resume Biography
Sample of Assignments Managed
- Oversight 2020 for all major TRU Group Inc assignments - Engineering & Design, Feasibility Studies, Technical & Science, Due Diligence, and Business Analysis. Attends key assignment client conferences, reviews and authorizes final reports. Always directly accessible to TRU clients - existing and prospective!
- Strategy, planning and marketing to turn around a $15 million manufacturing fabricator
- Document preparation, search and closing for a $20 million investment for device startup
- Market positioning and planning for a producer of automation equipment
- Bank management due diligence on a $2 billion acquisition of global manufacturing
- Review and investor introductions for a producer of specialty metal and alloys
- Market study and strategic competitive positioning for medical equipment
- Marketing, financial & operation work on an integrated four plant global operation
- Review of industrial sectors and country analysis for an investment agency
- Led technical team monitoring aspects of the construction of a $ 1.4 billion plant
- Examined processing and market options a large mineral tailing resource
- Investor business plan for a $250 million Ukrainian electrolytic tinning line
- Plastic operation analysis and market study for major American producer of bathware
- Operational, financial and marketing review of specialty producer in a turnaround
- Feasibility Studies for several plants for investments of millions to billions
- Involved in more than fifty technology intensive market studies internationally
- Facilitated numerous strategic planning huddles and other decision-making forums
- Specialized at assessing complex business evaluation techniques and methods
Ed Anderson Highly Experienced in :
TRU Group Inc aspires to the highest fully bankable standards. View my message "TRU Vision & Background"